When someone wants to give a versatile or useful present and are not fan of credit cards or cannot get the credit card due to poor credit, then visa gift cards are the best ideal solution.
Most of the visa gift cards work exactly similar as a prepaid Visa credit or debit card except the only difference is that the visa gift cards do not affect the credit score and cannot be reloaded with more money later.
There are various steps of getting a Visa Gift Card are as follows:
Various Steps of Getting Visa Gift Card
1. By visiting any participating merchant which sells Visa gift cards
There are different popular merchants who sell these visa gift cards. It may include banks, grocery stores, specialty stores like office depot and many transit companies etc.
2. Purchase Visa gift card from an online source
The user cannot use the Visa gift card until it is physically shipped to the user. For it there are various options available as follows:
A. There are different online sources for the Visa gift cards which include banks as well as credit unions and money wiring service providers.
B. The Visa gift card can be used anywhere and Visa debit and credit cards are accepted.
C. The Visa cards allow access to the prepaid funds only.
Due to this the attempts to authorize more than card’s remaining balance will be denied which ultimately causes problems at merchants like gas stations which authorizes more than actual purchase which is being made.
3. User can track their Visa gift cards remaining balance by calling phone number or by visiting the website which is listed on the back side of the card
There are some merchants who can check the remaining balance of the card user while user is making the purchase.
Summarized Steps of Getting Visa Gift Card
Selection of the card by the user which he or she wants by
A. Choosing their Retailer
B. Next look for those Retailers who are offering Perks
C. Then look for the right occasion
There are different tips which must be followed by the users as follows:
Important Tips which must be followed by the Users
1. Visa gift cards do not come with the PIN number; therefore it is suggested to always run gift card transactions as credit card transaction.
2. Most of the Visa gift cards automatically activated once it is bought, however some card issuers requires to follow other steps before using the card.
3. The Visa gift card can be used in person, telephone or online purchases.
Before making an online or phone purchases, the card must be registered either by calling the issuer or by visiting the website.
4. Although there are many Visa gift cards which can be accepted worldwide but there are some which states that ‘valid only in United States’ on the front which cannot be used in other countries.
5. There are some merchants who can automatically apply the remaining card balance to the user’s purchase even if the entire cost is not covered under it.
Then the merchant will prompt the user for providing the additional payment.
6. The merchants, who do not have this capability, will have to know the Visa card gift balance so that user may tell the merchant for how much to apply to the gift card and then provide payment for the rest.
Benefits of Visa Gift Card
1. Theft protection
2. Manages cash
3. For the payment of bills
4. Online Shopping
5. Can be presented as a perfect gift on special occasion.
6. Gift cards can be used until the amount in it is totally exhausted.
7. A gift card is also a type of debit card loaded with the funds for future use.
8. The gift cards can be purchased in different formats.
9. The gift cards are loaded with the specific set amount of money.
10. It can be used for multiple purchases as long as the value remains on the card.
11. The Visa gift cards are non re loadable prepaid card and after every purchase, the amount is deducted.
12. The Visa gift cards provide the power of choice in the hands of family and customers.